Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Soooo...

...today I'm sitting at my table putting grades in my gradebook when one of my students comes up to me with her pencil/crayon box in her hand. I'm still looking down at my gradebook when she asks, "Mrs. Conry, is it okay if I throw this chicken away? It's starting to make my box smell like chicken." Now in my head I'm thinking this is an unusual question...but then I look up and actually see that she has a PIECE OF LEFTOVER FRIED CHICKEN IN HER PENCIL BOX!! hahahah. Who knows how long it had been there!? Somehow I kept a straight face and told her it would be completely appropriate to throw away her chicken:)

It's going to be an interesting year...

5 comments:

thecleggfamily said...

PLEASE keep the funny stories coming. LOVE LOVE LOVE to read all your classic classroom stories. you make me laugh! always a good way to make me smile after a long day!

miss you tons!!! can't wait to see you again...maybe over the holidays????

love,
jenn (easterwood) clegg

Stephanie & Scott said...

yes! yes! yes! i really don't think it gets any better than that! don't you love that she asks you, her teacher, permission to throw away rotten fried chicken!?
keep'em coming
steph

Anonymous said...

Miz Conry,

You always make me laugh with these stories. Have a wonderful Friday.

Mom

The Sotos said...

Katy-these are hilarious. You could write a book. THanks for the smile today!

Kim Timberlake said...

I don't know how you kept a straight face I think I would have just lost it right there. Sounds like you have an interesting group of kiddos!