Thursday, May 21, 2009

We are Declaring It...

Brooks has "said" his first word! He is saying the word "baw" for "ball". There really isn't an 'L' sound, at all, but it works for me:) We had been showing him a ball for a few days and telling him the word over and over again. Yesterday he began to say 'ball' but I didn't know if he was just babbling or not. Well today I asked him where the ball was and looked around the room, then went and picked up a blue ball lying on the floor! I couldn't believe it! Then tonight when we got home from dinner, he was crawling under the kitchen table, and I heard him saying 'baw, baw'. I peeked my head under the table and saw him pointing at something...sure enough he was pointing at a ball while saying the word! Such a big boy. He has been saying 'words' for a few weeks now (even mama), but we have been nervous to say he is actually saying words b/c there is no meaning behind them! I think I'm pretty comfortable with saying he knows 'ball' now!

3 comments:

Phil B said...

Well, my firstborn grandson is very intelligent. I have no idea why you are surprised! Now he needs to start working on his next word, "Pappy". That is very important for him to do! =)

Kim Timberlake said...

Yeah for Brooks!! He's growing so fast!!

Wanda said...

Can't wait to see my precious boy!