Tuesday, May 26, 2009

So Aware...

...of the lack of posting! I have 2 weeks (less, actually) of school left and I cannot WAIT for summer! While this is an exciting time, the paperwork is unbelievable! I feel like I have filled out the same information 200 hundred different ways! So annoying. I have a little boy in my room (who sits really close to my desk...maybe a little too close) ask me EVERY day how many days of school we have left. I am only too happy to rejoice with him as the numbers go down!

This past weekend Stu surprised me with a Saturday afternoon/night at the Joule Hotel in downtown Dallas for my birthday! I was definitely surprised, and it was a much needed get away. Brooks got to spend lots of time with his Oma which I am sure they both enjoyed! I heard he was even spiderman for the evening:) It wasn't tooooo hard being away from Brooks when I was livin' it up in a swanky hotel, but I was SO glad to see him when we got back!

We are still working on learning how to walk with Brooks. He really likes to let go of things and just stand there by himself! He would still rather crawl because he can get there so much faster. Seriously...Brooks is a really fast crawler. I will have to post a video sometime. He had his 12 month check up last Thursday, and he is just one healthy boy! He is in the 90th percentile for everything, so that is pretty normal! He is about 26 pounds and I THINK he was about 31-32 inches tall. I might be wrong on that last one.

So this is my post to comment about the lack of posting. I'm using the "we are busy" excuse. I actually had more to talk about than I thought I did! I will try to take pictures of my little guy sometime this week as I'm sure that is the reason most people read this blog:)

No comments: