Friday, March 20, 2009

Note to Self...

NEVER, EVER go to the zoo during spring break!

It was madness!!! It all began when we slowed down on the highway and realized police were directing traffic for the zoo exit. We probably should have turned around then. We continued to be directed into a large field (about 3/4 mile away from the entrance) where we had to park. Once we got in, it was so packed you could hardly see any of the animals! The closest we got was to a rhino sleeping in the mud! So below are the only pictures I have from the day. Well, we learned our lesson...and I think the news said there were over 23,000 people there that day. Craziness!



3 comments:

Phil B said...

Ya'll are all smiling so I guess the day wasn't a bust!

Can't wait to get to see you next week.

Pappy

Kim Timberlake said...

I miss you guys! I can't wait to see you again soon!

THE WHITE HOUSE said...

Oh my! Is that the Fort Worth Zoo? If it is I can't believe it....when Shane and I go during the week we are like the only people there!