Friday, November 7, 2008

2 years

This past Tuesday, November 4th, Stu and I celebrated 2 years of marriage! It's amazing all that has happened since then! I was looking back at our blog when I wrote about our first year, and I couldn't believe God could bless us anymore, but He did! Well, in honor of our 2 year anniversary, I decided to reminisce on our wedding day. I looked through all of our pictures and just smiled and smiled thinking of all the memories! So I decided to share some of them! Don't worry, I didn't post all 700 something that I have...just a few:) Of course I uploaded them out of order, so it is kind of going backwards!

Going away. It was so much fun to run through all of those rose petals! The only sad part was that I wanted to stop and say goodbye to everyone there, but that's hard to do when you are running!

Dancing! We had mostly slow and romantic songs to dance to, which is exactly what I wanted! I loved dancing on the stage of the theater.

Of course, our FIRST kiss as husband and wife! When I think about it, that is a neat thing to have captured in time.

HAHA....my cousin's fighting over the bouquet is something that will still make me randomly burst out with laughter!!!

The cake. OH man...I would eat wedding cake every day. (Did I mention going to the cake-tasting was one of the best parts of planning a wedding???) Ours was so delicious..and beautiful!!

FAMILY!!




The Wedding Party. I could type forever about these amazing people. Some people thought we had too many bridesmaids and groomsmen (10 each), but I don't think so! These are people that have had such a huge impact on our lives! I wanted people to know that Stu and I were (and still are) surrounded by a group of friends that love us, pray for us, laugh with us, and are just incredible! I don't know what we would do without any of them.

Decorations. B-E-A utiful! They were everything I wanted them to be! I still owe all of that to Elaine and Jay Wilkerson.


Isn't this a classic moment in every wedding?? Walking down the aisle to my love. Do I still remember it? You bet. Do I remember anyone else there at that moment? No way. I had my eyes on Stu the whole time.

The music. Wow is all I can say. I hand-picked songs for our wedding that were incredibly special to Stu and I. They were not just beautiful, but they really spoke about the journey Stu and I had. Of course, they would not have been anything without the amazing people singing them! Candace, Tiffany, Justin, Kody, and Ragan. You made those songs come alive, and allowed everyone to worship the Lord with us!!

Getting ready with my girls!!! It was so much fun to be in the back getting ready for my special day with all those people who I loved most! Awesome time.

My bridesmaids surprised me and signed the bottom of my shoes! So sweet and special.

5 comments:

Kim Timberlake said...

It was a beautiful, fairy tale wedding! I'm so glad I got to be a part of it. Congratulations on 2 wonderful years!

Wanda said...

I am so glad you have such great memories of that day. It was everything I wanted it to be and more!

Phil B said...

I agree with your mom. It was an incredible day and it went just like I hoped it would. The Worship Center was so beautiful; almost as beautiful as you.

Then all the fun at the Jefferson. People are still talking about it.

I am so proud of you and Stu and all that you have accomplished in 2 short years. Brooks-man is the icing on the cake as far as I am concerned.

Love you,

Dad

Reba Trapp said...

Such a great idea to recap the wedding!! It was fabulous :) Every minute of it!!!

Reba

Lauren the Great said...

Oh wow. What a beautiful day. You were such a beautiful bride!!! I hate that we missed it! Thanks for posting these pictures! Brian and I never did see anything from your wedding. I'm glad I've gotten to, now!