Last night, Stu and I drove back from Beaumont to Dallas. We had been there over the weekend for a baby shower. It was an AMAZING shower! We are so blessed to be surrounded by such caring and loving people who not only help us when we need it, but pray for us when we need it! I will forever be grateful:) (I'll post pictures from the shower as soon as I get my camera battery charged!)
Anyways...back to the drive home. Stu and I drove the entire 5 hours without playing any music or watching any movies like we normally do. We ended up talking the whole time. Now, we always talk on a regular basis, usually over dinner or just sitting around the apartment...but it's been a long time since we have had 5 uninterrupted hours of just "us" time. (I also know we probably won't get many more of these times after Brooks is born:)) We mostly talked about us and our relationship...past, present, and future things. Stu and I have had a long journey from when we first started dating until now, and it was really great to talk about it and point out how much we have changed and grown together through it all. I have always known how blessed I am to have Stu in my life, but I guess our conversation last night really made me stop and think about it! So, with all that said, I just wanted to share A FEW of the MANY reasons I am blessed by Stu. Why post it on the blog, you ask? Because I want everyone to know it:)
Dear Stu,
First of all, thank you for being the man of our household like you promised me you would be when we got engaged. You love the Lord with all your heart, and you strive every day to be a better man in and through Him. I love praying with you over issues we cannot control, and over those that we can. You know I am a natural "worrier", but you take so much of that from me by taking care of the things I worry about! You work so hard to make sure I have everything I need, and because of that, I have more than I could ever need! I want to thank you for your friendship. You truly are my best friend, and coming home to talk with you is always the best part of my day. I love having so many things in common with you, and I also like the things we don't have in common...gives me something to roll my eyes at:) haha. I love your discipline and self-confidence. I like how you become awkward in weird or new situations around people you don't know:) I like how those people that know you best think you are a great person and always seem to want you around. Thank you for being such an awesome husband while I have been pregnant! You have never complained or told me "no" when I ask you to get something. (You might "redirect" me, but you won't say "no":)) I love how you get excited everytime Brooks kicks just as much as you did the first time you felt him! Thank you for letting our son hear so much laughter come out of my mouth. I hope he always continues to hear us laugh together. I know you are going to be an amazing father, and I honestly and truly hope Brooks takes after you. What an incredible privilege it is to be parents, and I can't wait to experience it with you! I know people always say it, but I REALLY do fall more in love with you every day. I love you. Katy
6 years ago

4 comments:
Katy, I have always loved your laugh. It is infectious!! And Stu always brings that out in you. You two are an awesome couple, and I am so proud of the way you have conquered the challenges you have faced. Talking with each other, laughter and prayer will see you through everything. How wonderful that the two of you know that so early in your marriage! I pray that you will always be as happy as you are today!!! Stu, thank you for making our daughter so happy! Phil and I love you very much.
I agree with your mom. I admire you both and am so glad you are in our lives. Stu is so good for you. I have always been able to tell when you are happy and content by your laugh. You make me laugh when I here you. I know you and Stu will be great parents. I continue to pray for you daily.
Love,
Dad
Katy...thanks for sharing from your heart. It's obvious how much you and Stu love each other. It's refreshing to see couples working together and loving each other through all the different stages of marriage. You have so many wonderful memories still ahead of you! I love you both!
you brought me hope today my dear friend and cousin! i love to see you loved and i love to see you love... your real love story puts all our "pretend" ones from our childhood to shame :) i'm hoping for the same!!!
loving you and stu and hope to see you very, very soon!
Post a Comment