Tuesday, December 11, 2007

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Stu and I are absolutely beside ourselves with excitement!!!! We had our sonogram today around noon, and it was such an amazing experience! To see our baby from head to toe was something I will never be able to describe:) The baby is healthy and weighs about half a pound so far! We got to see his heart beating, kidneys, spine, head, etc. It even looked like he was sucking his thumb! I wish I could have stayed in that room forever just staring at him! I'm just glad to know that in about 5 months I will be able to see him face to face and tell him how much I love him! He wasn't planned, but God had BETTER plans for us than we could ever imagine!

As soon as we left the sonogram, we had lunch and then went SHOPPING!!! We have only known about Brooks Michael (yes that's the name!!) for about 6 hours, but he already has an amazing collection of clothes! Here are some pictures below. I also tried to post one of the pictures from our sonogram. Our scanner isn't working very well, so I had to take a picture of it with my camera to get it on the computer. Sorry if you can't see it very well! If we get our scanner working, I will put the pictures on here!




Our first picture with Brooks Michael!

15 comments:

Linda D said...

YAY!!!!!!!I am so excited for you. WE need some more about around here...especially at our church. So you better let Brooks Michael visit GPBC so that the girls can love on him!!! COngrats guys, I am excited for you!

Linda D said...

okay so i am tired and cant write. I mean to say we need more "boys around here" wow, it is that bad, i tell you....the sleep deprived life after baby....get ready for it :)

Kody and Corby Brooks said...

"For you formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well" Psam 139:13-14

Praise God for his surprises, mercy and love! We love you SOOOOOOOOO MUCH and are just overwhelmed with joy that we are going to have a nephew. It's been so exciting to watch Taylor grow and we can't wait to do the same with Brooks! What a great name, Brooks! Tis' a strong name! haha! Love you guys and way to go on the shopping! Can't wait to see you!

Kody and Corby Brooks said...

By the way, that was Psalm 139:13-14 not Psam.......a thousand apologies

Anonymous said...

So exciting!!! Katy, you are hilarious. We are so much alike in the shopping ways. Just learn from my mistake and don't buy too many 0-3 month clothes b/c they may only be worn once...at least in our case with our beanstalk baby. I absolutely love the name! So fitting and such a great name for a boy.

Eubanks Twins said...

YEAH! With two girls, we are bound to have one that Brooks will like... 'Match maker, match maker, make me a match!'
Love all the clothes! Wanda and PEB did have fun!

Matt, Andrea, Luke and Halle said...

congrats! yes, that appointment is amazing and so indescribable until it's your own! so glad y'all made a fun day out of it ... enjoy!

Kim Timberlake said...

Katy and Stu~

I am soooooo excited to have a "grand" nephew!! I can't wait till Brooks is born!

courtney danielle said...

guess who's finally on this thing :) ME... yea!!! and i am ECSTATIC!! i have a new little cousin... little man BROOKS... love you guys!

thecleggfamily said...

a boy!!! so much fun. love the shopping....isn't it fun buying all those little clothes. and, almost unbelievable that they fit in them. they are like doll clothes. what a perfect name. i know you are thrilled. enjoy this time. we are so happy for you. hopefully, we'll see each other over christmas.

love,
jenn clegg

Rach said...

Congratulations!!! Boys are so much fun! And I love the name!! It's neat how it is your old last name...I like how Tiffany did that too!! I love all the new clothes! So super cute! Can't wait to see the little guy!!

vickie said...

Congratulations! We were so thrilled to hear about Brooks Michael from Grandma Linda and Aunt Debbie. We are so happy for the two of you. This kid is going to have so much fun!!!!! Much love to you both, Bill & Vickie

Brian Sachitano said...

CONGRATS!! Lauren and I just found out we are having a BOY TOO!

Brian Sachitano said...

I know the feeling. Lauren and I were sooo nervous about the cooperation too, but, as you can see, it was very obvious. I love the name you picked, very cool.

Phil B said...

We , the long distance grandparents, are so excited and proud to have a grandson on the way. That day was so exciting for us. Christmas was wonderful and it was fun watching Brooks open his gifts. :) Next year will be so much fun with Taylor bossing him around and showing him the ropes. Grammy will have fresh batteries in her Christmas bear. I'm sure Brooks will grab his cheeks just like Taylor.

Put more pictures on the blog.

I love you,

Pappy