6 years ago
Sunday, June 24, 2007
kitten update
Well, it's been 4 days now since we brought Mercedes home...and I can say that it is going DECENTLY well:) Anabelle and Mercedes definitely have some issues to work through...but we are hoping it will get better with time. Anabelle is trying to show Mercedes who is boss (gave her a good swat in the face once), and I think Mercedes is beginning to accept that. Mercedes, being a kitten, keeps wanting to attack Anabelle's moving tail..and that NEVER goes over very well! We are to the point now where they comfortably lay down and relax with the other one in the same room. So I guess that's progress:) OH...and there have also been a few interactions without any hissing! So that's something we get excited about, too. Silly, I know! We have been keeping Mercedes in the guest room, but she is beginning to realize it is a lot more fun to stay in the living room with everyone else! So I guess that is forcing them to be around each other. I just wish you all could have seen the look on Anabelle's face when Mercedes ate out of Anabelle's bowl for the first time! Ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Wait a minute...Annabelle swatted? I'm impressed...that actually took some effort on her part!
Thats funny! I hope the cats get along!
Dad
Now I read your blog and it makes sense. Sophie is doing great. I am not sure how it will go when she gets with her Dallas cousins!
ILY,
Dad
love your stories about the cats! just read your comment on kody's blog about making it pretty! hysterical!!! reminded me of your days back at church camp..."i'm prettier than her...than her...than her" as you flip through the fashion magazines!!!
miss you!
jenn (easterwood) clegg
Post a Comment