Saturday, March 12, 2011

"Stink"-Eye

Well, it has officially hit our home! Monday night after picking Brooks up from preschool, we noticed his eye was looking a little bit swollen. Later on, he had this yellow-green discharge coming out, and while his eye wasn't "pink" yet, I read some things online that made me think it was pink eye. I kept Brooks at home on Tuesday just to make sure, and we called the pediatrician who told us it was pink eye based on what we were describing. SOO she called in a prescription, and we had to wait 24 hrs after beginning the medicine for him to no longer be contagious.

That meant I had to take another day off Wednesday. By Thursday morning his eye looked great, so Brooks went to preschool and I went to work. I had open house for my school Thursday night, and when I got home I gave Brooks a big hug and then shouted "oh no!!" when I saw his OTHER eye! Yes, his other eye had now caught it. SO I stayed home with Brooks on Friday as well:) I was frustrated to have to stay home so much since I have maternity leave coming, but then I realized how desperately my body needed the rest! I'm definitely feeling my limitations this last month of pregnancy, and it's exhausting!!! So I ended up being happy with all my time with Brooksman, and the rest/naps I got to experience:)

First day at home with it in his right eye


A few days later...cue the left eye!

1 comment:

Kim Timberlake said...

Poor little guy! Pink eye is no fun!