Friday, July 24, 2009

Brooks at almost 15 Months

SO I have been terrible about posting your progress each month since you turned 1! I'll try to be better:)

1. I can pretty much say you are officially walking now. You still crawl around a lot, but walk so much more! This all happened in the past week after we bought you some special shoes to give you support for walking. We are so proud of you!!

2. Today was the first day you stood up on your own without using anything to help you!

3. To say that you are into everything is a HUGE understatement.

4. Something funny that you do: whenever I get to rock you to sleep (so rare these days) you always want me to kiss your elbow over and over again. It makes me laugh and then you start laughing. This does not help with the sleeping part, but I just love it anyways.

5. You are really starting to recognize people close to you. It is really fun to see. You do this cute little laugh/smiley thing when you see them.

6. Obviously you are on whole milk, and bananas are still your favorite food...aaaand chick fil a nuggets!

7. You are a really picky eater (believe it or not). You get really funny whenever we try to feed you with a spoon. Sometimes you will eat it, other times you won't. Sometimes you will take 2 bites of something and then refuse to eat any more. We really can't figure you out and meal time is always a guessing game unless we stick to "for sure" foods.

8. You love, love, love to swim and to be outside!

9. You have 6 teeth right now. Four up top and two on bottom. (you are cutting another one as I am typing this, though)

10. You know sign language for more, please, and milk.

11. You say the words ball, more, cat, and dada. These are the words you use correctly. You also say mama, but you haven't quite figured out that is me just yet. We also have noticed that you understand so many more words than you say.

12. You love to sit down and try to put on your shoes. You also like to put on mom's flip flops on her feet over and over again. Mom loves this b/c it is a game that she can do sitting down! haha.

13. You are really into legos/blocks right now. They keep you entertained for a good while.

14. You always go to sleep with your stuffed alligator. It's so cute!

15. Your favorite show to watch is Yo Gabba Gabba! (Your dad might actually love it more than you do). Even if I just say the words "do you want to watch Yo Gabba Gabba?" you immediately look at the tv screen and start dancing.

5 comments:

Phil B said...

This is so wonderful. You will be so glad days in the future that you took the time to write this down for Brooks. He is an incredible little boy!

Love,

Pappy

Kody and Corby Brooks said...

I love this! I can't believe that he is walking!! I can't wait to seem him! He is growing up so fast!!

Justin and Allison said...

HA, what is Yo Gabba? Sounds like your hands are full too. I cannot believe we only have 3 more weeks. I am already going into mourning. Don't know if I will be able to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corby Brooks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kody and Corby Brooks said...

(Kody) This is so neat to me. I feel like you give people a view into motherhood. I can tell when you write how much you love Brooks and it's very cool. Thanks for writing and giving us a look in to your life. Love you guys and hope to see you sooner than later! =)