Thursday, May 14, 2009

Party Time!

On Saturday, May 9th, we had Brooks' first birthday party! It worked out that Saturday fell on Brooks' actual birthday! It was an overcast day, and I was so stressed that it was going to rain the entire time. It was a swimming/surfing theme party and everything was set up outside. It didn't rain, though, and everything turned out great! Since it was so cloudy, it was a little chilly outside, so I was impressed by those who still got in the pool! The funny part is that none of the kids seemed to notice how cold the water was. I would say overall, the party was a success and Brooks had fun even though he didn't know anything that was going on!


Opening gifts
The brave few!
Taylor showing me her toys
I can't believe all 3 of them fit!



Always distracted by the balloons! Stu and I laughed at how Brooks was surrounded by toys, but only seemed to be interesed in the balloons! We could have saved a lot of money!
Where we kept the food
beach scene on the back part of the fence
Brooks, Pappy, and cousin Macy

3 comments:

Phil B said...

It was a great day and a wonderful party. I'm not sure if I have thawed out completely yet! =)

Pruned Pappy

Unknown said...

we had so much fun! next time grayson will be there, i promise! brooks was so cute with that cake!

tiffany

Justin and Allison said...

What a cool backdrop. Where did you get that.