Well I must admit that I have been TERRIBLE about posting funny stuff from my kids this year! Trust me, I have got a hilarious group that definitely give me "blog-worthy" moments all day long! I wish I would have written them all down, but here are some of the ones I remember:
A.
Student: Mrs. Conry, do you know who Selena is?
Me: Selena?
Student: She's a singer.
Me: Oh, yeah. I believe she died, though, right?
Student: Yeah. But they still play her stuff on the radio
Me: She might have died before you were born.
Student: (after a few moments of deep thought) Yeah, she must have because I was born in July.
B. Me: Aaron can you get the door?
(Aaron all of a sudden drops to the floor faster than I can blink.)
Me: What are you doing??
(Then I realize he thought I said 'hit the floor'...yes, I teach in the ghetto:))
C. "Mrs. Conry I have a chicken pox on my face right here"
D. I promised one of my kids I would read a book to him on Friday. I, of course, did not remember this, and he reminded me at 3:18 on Friday. We go home at 3:20.
Student: Mrs. Conry you said you would read a book to me on Friday!
Me: Well I guess I will have to do it next Friday
Student: But it IS next Friday
Me: No, it is this Friday
Student: Oh, Okay.
Me: (Did that just work????)
6 years ago

2 comments:
These made me laugh out loud! I miss these moments! :)
Katy, you forgot the one from your student J this past Friday when you left early!
J: Ms. ZermeƱo, can I tell you something in private?
Me: Sure.
J: My underwear keep riding up!
Me: Uh...why don't you take care of that in the restroom!?!
*Come on, did he really have to tell me that?
(Katy, you have some funny kids!)
Post a Comment