Friday, May 16, 2008

Birth Flashback

This past week has just been a whirlwind, but I said I would write about the birth, and so here I am! Here is everything in a nutshell! I was induced Friday morning around 8 a.m. and was ready to push around 3:30 p.m. After pushing a few times, Brooks decided to push himself away from my pelvis and further back into my tummy!! (He didn't want to go anywhere!)I had to stop and wait a while to see if he would drop back down. I continued to push without any luck, and so my doctor came in to check things out. She discovered that his head was facing up instead of down like it needed to be, making it very hard for me to push, and for him to make his way out! We decided to push a little longer, but then Brooks decided to push himself further back and to my right side. He wasn't budging from there!! ha! So my doctor called for a c-section and he was born about 45 minutes later:) It was a small ordeal, but Brooks got here, and he is one great little boy! I'm still pretty sore from the c-section, but I feel a little bit better each day. Here are some pictures from when Stu brought Brooks out to meet everyone in the nursery!






Mark Taylor brought a cake for Brooks on his birthday!! Thank you Mark, we loved it!



4 comments:

THE WHITE HOUSE said...

Katy,

I loved all of the new pics of Brooks! He is so precious! Your birth story sounds almost identical to mine! Boys can be so stubborn! :)

Hope your recovery is speedy. You continue to be in our prayers!

Love,
Lindsay

Phil B said...

That was a great day! Brooks is quite a little man.

Love,

Pappy

thecleggfamily said...

he is soooo sweet! i know you are having a blast. he looks just like katy in the first photo i think. love the pictures of everyone looking in...you had quite the turnout!!

take care and keep the pics coming!
jenn

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. I JUST read this. I hate for you that you had to have a c-section -- only because I heard the recovery can be very painful and lengthy.

I'll have you tell you my birth story one day! It's not as good as yours, but let's just say NO ONE made it in time except Brian!