Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Baby's Room

So, our theme for the baby's room is Mt. Everest/Hiking/Outdoors. Why, you ask? Well, for anyone who knows Stu, knows that he is crazy about all things dealing with Mt. Everest. I was struggling on what kind of theme I wanted for the room until my mom suggested it to me! I thought it was funny that neither Stu nor I had thought of it ourselves! We LOVED the idea, and it started turning the "imagination wheels" in our heads!! We have a few accessories for the room so far, but we are trying to get the bedding done so everything else in the room will match it. My sister-in-law (who is an amazing, amazing, amazing seamstress) said she would make the bedding for us! (Saving us a lot of money!) So we went to the store to pick out fabric and have begun working! Below are some pictures of what we have so far. Hopefully we will be posting the completed project in the near future:

Stu putting pieces together
Working on the quilt
So far, so good!

7 comments:

Kody and Corby Brooks said...

Katy, The quilt is so cute! I can't wait to see the finished product! I'm impressed that stu was helping!! I want to see more mommy pictures of your growing belly!! :-) We can't wait to see you guys. Maybe we can make it up to Dallas sometime soon!

Corby

Brian Sachitano said...

Looking good!!! Lauren and I have the fabric but we havent started to put it together. Very cute! Is Brooks Michael starting to swim around? I felt Noah swimming and kicking Lauren all night last night.

Kim Timberlake said...

Your mom comes up with some great ideas sometimes! I think the Mt. Everest theme is going to be incredible! I love, love, love the quilt! I can't wait to see the room when everything gets done.

Anonymous said...

oh my ms ktb... it's really happening... mr brooks is on his way in your world! i can't wait to hold him... i can not wait to see the room... xoxo, court

Linda D said...

that quilt is amazing! how neat. I hope you are feeling well. has your son been good to you in there?? we need more pics of the mama!!!

Wanda said...

I am so excited to see how the room is going to come together. You and Stu have done a great job at picking the material, and Jillian is amazing. I am glad to have had a small part in the process. Brooks is a lucky little boy - so many people already love him and can't wait to meet him in person. We need a profile shot!!!

Justin and Tiffany said...

Yes! New belly picture please!!!

Tiffany