Tuesday, May 22, 2007

birthday

Thanks to everyone for all the sweet emails, texts, and phone calls! It really means a lot to me to realize how many people care about me on my birthday:) I really appreciate it! I was at home in Beaumont this past weekend to celebrate my birthday with my twin brother, Kody, and family. We went to Carrabbas (my favorite restaurant) for dinner, and then back to my parent's house for cookie cake! It was delicious!
On Monday (my birthday) I was actually running late to school because of a wreck on the highway. As SOON as I walked in to my classroom, my kids burst out singing "Happy Birthday". It was great! Then I was greeted by my sweet friend and teaching buddy "Zerpito" who brought me starbucks AND cinnamon coffee cake to go with it! My team also bought me Chipotle for lunch...so needless to say I was pretty spoiled! Monday night we went to P.F. Changs and to see Shrek the Third with my best friend, Kerrie and her husband, Will. So it was a great day, and I'm sooooo grateful for such great friends and family! Thank you all!

Twins on our birthday!

Yummy cookie cake

My mom and I

My dad and aunt kim

2 comments:

Stephanie & Scott said...

Katy will you still be my friend? please! i am really retarded....i tought it was your moms birthday this past weekend!! i don't know why i thought that? i'm sorry i didn't call or anything!! i really do wish you a HAPPY birthday.....25...wew, we are getting old! (when did that happen?) i love you.

Kody and Corby Brooks said...

I totally agree on the great birthday! Well, on monday I didn't go to school and have kids sing for me, or a friend bring me starbucks and cinnamon coffee cake, or buy me chipotle for lunch, but I did pick up dinner for Corby and Me at Cheddars. It was a good day though. Haha! Well, have an awesome day!